MiX Telematics has vacancies for Fleet and Consumer Products Technicians based in Durban, KZN, South Africa.
- Field service including technical product installation, de-installation and maintenance on Mix Telematics product range.
- Ensure technical procedures and work instructions are adhered to all times.
- Ensure timeous arrival at scheduled work and client premises.
- Ensure all field services are carried out in line with related, procedures and fitment instructions.
- Ensure highest level of client services is rendered during the field service.
- Ensures all administrative tasks required are performed accurately and promptly.
- Escalate issues timeously regarding delays, stock issues and vehicle related issues.
- Ensure adherence to the Mix Fleet Policy including Transport legislation.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspections and weekly vehicle reports; to facilitate clean and damage free vehicles and correct mileage.
- Secure and maintain at all times Company Assets such as cellular phones, 3G card, or any special equipment.
- Ensure all job cards are completed accurately and handed in at Administration within 24 hours after completion.
- Ensure digital photos are taken on all breakdown calls, job discrepancies and vehicle abuse.
- Manage the daily diary for work scheduled.
- Responsible for all administrative matters related to overtime, cell phones, 3G utilization, vehicles and stock.
- Report daily on all projects, Provide ongoing feedback via E-mail on technical problem areas or product related failures.
- Manage Personal Goal setting, skills development in line with internal technician qualifications.
- Availability to travel on an ad-hoc basis based on business requirement.
Must have requirements include:
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport;
- 2-3 years relevant experience, installation and maintenance of vehicle tracking systems and/or Auto-electrical experience;
- NQF level 5 or equivalent (Auto-electrical qualification would be an advantage);
- Technical experience in installing fleet management products would be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices;
- Able to work shifts which may fall on weekends; and
- Comply with an annual health and safety medical assessment and eye test.