About the opportunity:
Are you a Product Services Specialist with the uncanny ability to troubleshoot and problem solve like a pro? We are seeking an Advanced Support Specialist with a passion for new technology to join our technical team. If you have a background in tech, telematics and/ or telecommunications, and a passion for outstanding customer service, you’ll love this role. A level-head and the ability to make careful and clever judgement calls is key as we are seeking a multi-tasking guru who is able to understand and diagnose a range of products from a technical standpoint. There is also a data analysis aspect to this position which would encourage you as the Specialist to to explore and “uncover the mysteries” in our vehicle data. This position will offer the opportunity to embed yourself in some of the newest and best tech in the telematics field!
The position is based in Stellenbosch, Cape Town and has a dual reporting line to the Technical Support Supervisor/ Manager in the USA and the Support Services Manager in South Africa.
The function of this position is to respond to, update and resolve tickets submitted by our US customers, and only escalate those that cannot be resolved within this function to the 3rd and 4th line support and development team(s), whilst still retaining ownership of all cases logged by the customer. Support is driven through phone and ticket channels. This function also includes training, documentation, product support and diagnostics up to and including 2nd line. Specific to the region is knowledge of the complex USA compliance solution (ELD and HOS). Product and system knowledge and good problem solving skills are required for this position. Extensive training will of course be provided.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Technical Support:
- Investigate and resolve reported issues, including compiling additional information and engaging with the advanced support and development teams.
- Take appropriate steps to bring any open support cases to resolution in a timely manner.
- Analyze case problems, distinguish if it’s a product defect or product enhancement requirement. Perform diagnostics and attempt to resolve remotely (over-the-air).
- Provide clear instructions for issue resolution to field based technicians and any associated equipment required for maintenance.
- Provide Technical support to customers and Dealers/Partner Technicians.
- Provide 2nd Line Technical Support to the Commissioning Help Desk.
- Provide support for key services, specifically but not exclusively HOS and ELD.
- Provide general support on MiX applications (running reports and general use of systems).
- Work with tech teams to evaluate and prioritize complex product defects, help to identify causes and derive resolutions.
- Develop product/system knowledge bases and FAQs for reference purposes.
It is a pre-requisite for the roles due to the time differences to work a late shift on a rotating roster, for example - two weeks on late shift followed by one week on a normal shift. As well as the occasional Public Holiday and weekend (this load will be shared with other team members).
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create/administer Drivers
- Decommission Drivers and Vehicles
- Maintain correct naming conventions
- Transfer vehicles across databases and sites
- Create/administer user access to MiX systems
- Setup notifications and alerts
- Submit configuration change requests to Technical Internal
What you need to be successful:
- Associate Electrical, Electronic or IT degree, or in process of earning degree, or technical experience in Fleet Management devices/systems or automotive electrical type installations and repairs
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including ability to quickly understand and apply new technology
- Proven understanding of either telecommunications, telemetry or telematics technology familiar with product development process
- Experience in dealing with and working with product development teams
- Knowledge of SQL or MySQL, or similar, with respect to running queries and analyzing data Knowledge of hosted environments, and how they are supported by IT and development teams and used by customers experience in the use of Incident Management Systems
- Good oral and written English
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel (Pivot Charts/ V look ups)
We are looking to employ someone that:
- Has a proven track record in providing excellent customer service
- Very good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Highly analytical, organised, assertive, decisive and patient
- Needs to be able to think out the box
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (as if it is a 1 st language) with a neutral accent who is able to be understood by customers who have broad American accents
- Fits the company culture & values
- Ideally has experience in the telemetry/ tracking technology or telecommunications industry Ideally has experience working overseas or in dealing with international customers
- Ideally has experience with Zendesk (this would be a plus, but not a requirement)
What’s in it for you:
● At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
● MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products.
● We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
● At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
● We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
● A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
● Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.