Location: North America (Remote)
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for managing the technical aspects of the MiX technology platform as it relates to;
1.Onboarding new products and features into the North American RSO and
2. Adapting it to the needs of the North American market.
- Product testing in-country, working closely with the CSO Product Owners, CSO Support & development teams, global product management and local support teams in ensuring proper testing both internal and external prior to release to production
- Assisting the North American Commercial Product Manager and Global Product Manager(s) with new product launches in North America
- Assisting the North American Commercial Product Manager with communication and rollout process for software releases, fixes, enhancements etc
- Provide support to pre-sales activities as required
- Act as Project Manager on technical product related projects
- Work closely with Customer Success and Operational teams in trouble shooting and resolving advanced technical related issues
- Spending time with customers onsite troubleshooting advanced technical issues and identifying the resolutions and working with the customer and technical support teams to resolve
- Training on existing and new product, specifically focused on in-vehicle equipment configuration and installation
- Producing training videos on product as required
- The role requires a high degree of co-operation and interaction with many other parts of the business.
Required skills and experience:
- 3 - 5 years’ technical product and product management experience in a telematics environment
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of vehicle technology, CAN bus and telematics/fleet management technology including in-vehicle hardware
- Sound understanding of ELD/HOS functionality and enabling technologies
- Positive, professional and supportive of colleagues at all times
- The ability to deal with diverse and international stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well developed information gathering, planning, and organisation skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts, escalating where necessary
- Strong ownership and accountability
- Passion for solving problems
- Great attitude and a love of teamwork
- Customer value mindset
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal teams and our customers
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration experience across multiple internal and external groups
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers and other departments.
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty.
What's in it for you:
At MiX we move the world forward everyday by connecting and protecting global fleets, creating safer roads and a cleaner planet.
MiX is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products. We are the very best at what we do.
We are committed to providing a healthy work-life balance, embrace diversity and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal.
We aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company.
All of which contributes to our success; we believe in what we do and it's what continues to drive us forward everyday.
When you join MiX, you’re joining a global organisation spanning 120 countries with more than 750,000 connected vehicles running on our technology.