Technical Procurement Specialist
MiX Telematics has a vacancy for a Technical Procurement Specialist based in Stellenbosch, Cape Town and reports to the Sales & Operations Planning Manager.
- Are you a procurement star with a solid understanding of the world of electronics?
- Have you done purchasing for the building blocks that make up tech devices?
- Do you have an analytical mind and an eye for detail – and long part numbers?
The company would hereby like to invite all interested candidates who feel they meet the minimum requirements to apply for the position.
Perform general procurement and supporting functions for the Procurement, Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
- Knowledge of electronic components is essential
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate to Advanced experience in MS Excel is essential)
- Have a degree of understanding of Contracts
What you need to be successful:
- Solid technical aptitude and understanding of electronic components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all functions and levels
- Professional demeanor when dealing with suppliers
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects and process multiple tasks
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally
- Experience in an Engineering and/or Manufacturing environment is advantageous.
- Exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm, multitask and work under deadline driven pressure.
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels and the ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Able to work without supervision, to use initiative and be proactive while working within a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amidst conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Apply analytical thinking
- Have knowledge of MRP and ERP systems
- International procurement experience is preferred
- General Procurement tasks: create purchase orders, submit to suppliers, review pricing.
- Conduct the annual Tender Process for supply of electronic components to contract manufacturers, evaluation of bids received and allocation of contracts for supply of components to successful suppliers.
- Manage the monthly forecasting for the supply of electronic components against Tender Process framework. Evaluate delivery and pricing adherence against tender framework.
- Source and purchase electronic components for the Engineering Department’s product development requirements and prototyping.
- Obtain quotations, samples and technical and/or commercial information from Suppliers.
- Purchase and prepare electronic component kits for production of prototypes.
- Performing preliminary product costing during the product development phase.
- Conduct performance management of suppliers.
- Attend weekly Manufacturing meetings and assist with sourcing or expediting of critical items where required.
- Source and procure items posing a risk to production continuation or strategic buy-outs.
- Conduct Purchase Price Variance analysis
- Ensure on time component delivery, communicate price / supplier information to the Contract Manufacturers.
- Assist with sourcing and approval of new and alternative components.
- Maintain supplier relationships and coordinate supplier meetings and visits.
- Ensure the complete procurement cycle is followed through: Place Orders, receive invoices, arrange for payments to be scheduled.
- Perform Product Costing
- Liaising with Manufacturers and Suppliers by Requesting Info, Quotes, Prices, Invoices
- Good understanding of Terms and Conditions and accompanying legal implications
- Assist with day-to-day information analysis and reporting as and when required
- Assist with day-to-day functions for the Sales & Operations Planning Manager
What’s in it for you:
- At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
- We offer our teams Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done
- We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access of cutting edge technologies
- Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
- 100% guarantee no TPS reports!
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide. Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants will be dealt with in terms of the company’s employment equity and skills development plans, affirmative action candidates may be preferred. Although all applications will be considered, not all applicants will be interviewed. Only written applications received before the closing date will be considered.
Submit your CV via email to: Anel.Radaelli@mixtelematics.com
Reference: Technical Procurement Specialist
Closing Date: 30th September 2021