Systems Operations Centre Administrator
Location: Stellenbosch - must be based nearby to be available to work from office if and when required
About the opportunity:
If you are a self-starter that can take initiative, has a proven track record of service excellence, able to work well under pressure, a team player and has excellent verbal and written communication skills, then this position is for you.
The SOC Administrator will provide 24x7x365 proactive and reactive support on all technologies servicing MiX Telematics regional offices and clients globally, working within a team on a rotating shift basis.
- Strong IT Background
- Server experience is a must
What you need to be successful:
- Own transport
- A passion for technology, efficiency, and service excellence.
- Attention to detail, analytical and logical troubleshooting skills.
- A good understanding of Information and Communication Technologies
- A Formal technical qualification or completed course in the ICT field (A+, N+, MSCE etc.)
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a customer centric IT environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows servers and services.
- Experience in dealing with Product Development teams (Software, Firmware, Hardware) would be advantageous.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- 2-3 years’ experience in helpdesk / customer support role (preferred shift experience).
- Demonstrated solid IT background and knowledge.
- Strong MS Office skills and ability to produce professional technical documentation and reports as required.
- Experience in providing support on custom/proprietary software applications (i.e. not standard windows /office applications).
- Attention to detail, systematic approach to problem solving.
- Professional attitude and behavior, customer focused.
- Ability to build relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Monitoring network and services for alerts or conditions that require special attention to avoid impact on the networks or services performance.
- Communicate performance or capacity-related issues to the relevant person when a threshold has been breached.
- Analyzing problems, troubleshooting and escalations - driving problems to resolution.
- Escalations of issues to internal Standby teams.
- Escalation of issues to 3rd party providers where relevant (Such as Telkom etc).
- Identifying opportunities for technical and business efficiencies.
- Responding promptly to IT requests and outages.
- Monitor all open incidents and follow up on outstanding requests as well as to provide feedback on outstanding requests to users on a regular basis.
- Assist in post deployment / upgrade testing.
- Special projects as and when required.
- Managing Email to Cases in Zendesk queues.
- Supporting data integrity initiatives for selected databases.
- Managing and coordinating Windows updates in our Production environment.
What’s in it for you:
- At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access of cutting-edge technologies