MiX Telematics has a vacancy for a Strategic Head of Call Centre Management, based in Midrand. The candidate will be responsible for the strategic direction and alignment of all call centre infrastructure, both internal and external, supporting both the MiX Telematics Africa businesses.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the customer, strong execution, strong digital skills, delivery capability and the operational expertise to manage partners across geographies, locations and touch points. Commercial competency and planning cross-functional team activity is critical.
The role will cover all verticals within MiX Telematics Africa: Consumer, Fleet Direct and Fleet Indirect. It will encompass the activities in South Africa and those in the 53 countries that MiX Telematics Africa operate in. The role will have direct and indirect reporting lines with all functional management structures remaining in place while leveraging the strategic input of the incumbent.
- To be successful in this role you will need to understand business operations and collaborate with internal stakeholders effectively and in real time. Attention to detail, ability to think on your feet and escalate any deviations to plan immediately are the key parts of the role.
- Be the main point of contact in real time for performance challenges across the contact centres, providing advice and support to managers and escalate to senior stakeholders when necessary.
- To build and maintain optimal relationships with key stakeholders.
- To manage outsource contracts and ensure service delivery in line with MiX’s values.
- Deliver root cause analysis to identify misses in Service Levels.
- To establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement relating to our service offering to our customers through service delivery, digital technologies and platforms.
- Eighty-five percent of the focus of this role will be on cross-functional client centric call centre activities including but not limited to:
- Contract binding
- New fitment Scheduling
- Repairs Scheduling
- Customer Services
- Credit control and collection activities
- Complaints and escalations
- Monitoring and reporting centres
- Fifteen percent of the focus will be on sales related call centre strategies including external call centres selling on behalf of MiX Telematics.
Minimum criteria for the role: -
- More than 15 years active experience in a call centre environment.
- Experience (ideally having worked through the ranks), as an agent, supervisor/team leader, manager and executive/national oversight is critical – we need someone who is able to advise everyone from agent to supervisor to manager and to deliver strategic insight.
- Previous experience in running call centres of more than 50 agents and executing more than 10 000 high quality sales per product per month.
- Product experience in banking (credit cards or unsecured lending), telecoms (cell phone or similar annuity products), short term insurance (funeral cover, legal cover, vehicle insurance) and telematics.
- More than 5 years’ experience in working on digital lead campaigns and more than 10 years hot leads experience in a senior manager or similar capacity.
- Exposure to inbound and outbound sales, inbound and outbound customer service and retentions campaigns.
- Ability to oversee and manage remote teams using real time data to monitor performance and technology to engage and implement tactics.
- Detailed analytical skills with the ability to extract data, convert it into information, present insights and take action.
- Deep insight into lead generation and conversion with the ability to help drive lead strategies while managing call tactics to maximise ROI.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required– we have call centre partners across South Africa and in Africa.
- Strong quality assurance (QA) experience and knowledge of Key Individual responsibilities.
- Ability to work and function autonomously while influencing multiple functional areas and reporting structures.
- Preferred start date 1 April 2023 - 1 May 2023.