At MiX Telematics, we are a leading global provider of Fleet Telematics solutions in 120 countries and listed on the NYSE and JSE. (www.mixtelematics.com). We are currently seeking a Software Tester.
Do you love to taking things apart and understanding how it works? Are you someone that is comfortable with wiring up peripherals and testing the integration between software and hardware? Then the Device Integration team at MiX Telematics wants you as their Software Tester!
You will be responsible for all quality aspects of software development including risk analysis, test development and test execution (formal and informal).
The successful employee needs to reside within the allowed work from home distance (that is 35km radius to the office), to be able to travel to the office on short notice.
Testing and Quality Assurance
· Manual testing is the main priority, but there will be automation testing required at time
· Develop, document, and communicate test processes, plans, and guides for ensuring quality software systems
· Design, create and execute test cases
· Design and execute regression and integration test, stress and load testing, user acceptance testing
· Identifying, logging and verifying software defects
· Document, track and validate reported issues through to resolution
· Work with Test Manager, Product Owner and developers to develop testing plan as part of the overall project and sprint planning
· Develop software test specification, test reports and validation protocols for unit, integration and performance testing
· Create test cases from system use cases and product specification
· Work with both Product Owners and Software Developers to thoroughly validate and verify Software systems against documented requirements
· Work as part of a sprint team to ensure project success
Qualifications, Experience and Specific Skills
· IT Qualification, relevant tertiary degree or Diploma
· ISEB Foundation Certification in Software Testing
· At least 3 years’ experience in software and web application testing
· Strong understanding of testing process
· Experience with testing in an Agile iterative software development process and environment (e.g. SCRUM)
· Experience with documentation of test plans for acceptance, regression, functional, and stress testing
· Understanding of configuration management and version control
· Experience with defect tracking process
· Basic knowledge of windows server OS hosting both window services and IIS web services
· Good practical understanding of software validation methodologies
Personal attributes and characteristics
· A passion for all technology, not just software: an individual that loves to take things apart and understand how it works
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must be detail orientated
· Dedicated, hardworking, and self-motivated
· Ability to work independently and within the team
If this is in line with your career aspirations we do encourage you to apply!