MiX Telematics has a vacancy for a Software Developer. This is a midlevel position and is based in Cape Town, South Africa and reports to the Software Development Manager.
The company would hereby like to invite all interested candidates who feel they meet the minimum requirements to apply for the position. Key performance areas include developing high performance and efficient software. The successful candidate will have experience in all of these, a proven track record of success.
- High performance server component development
- Scalable System Development
- Stream Processing
- API Development
- Database Design & Development on various Database Technologies (MS SQL, AWS Aurora, PostgreSQL)
- Integration with various IoT/Telematics devices
- Ingestion and serving of very large volumes of data
- Cost efficiency of server software components
Special knowledge, skills:
- Relevant Degree, C# (min 5 years)
- Experience with modern backend technologies e.g. Redis, Kafka, REST, Postgres, MySQL MS SQL, .net Core, Docker.
- Development on AWS Platform and AWS Technologies
- Experience with IoT technologies
Background from similar sector:
- Technology development organisations
- Telecoms Sector
- PC or Console Game Development
- Financial Transaction Services (E.g. Snapscan, Zapper)
- Internet Service Providers
- Video Streaming Services (e.g. Multichoice)
- Innovative, delivery driven and technically brilliant
- Innovative & Hard Working.
- Driven by the need to be fully competent & world class at development of software applications.
- Always learning new skills while refining existing skills.