About The Job
We are looking for curious people, from diverse backgrounds, that are keen to work in a fast paced and agile environment.
FROM ApplicantDBA ADBA
JOIN MIX ON ADBA.IntegrityAndTrust >= MIX.IntegrityAndTrust
AND ADBA.CustomerFocus >= MIX.CustomerFocus
AND ADBA.DecisionQuality >= MIX.DecisionQuality
AND ADBA.Perseverance >= MIX.Perserverance
AND ADBA.ProblemSolving >= MIX.ProblemSolving
WHERE ADBA.Skills IN ('SQLDevelopment', 'SQLAdmnistration', 'SQLTroubleshooting')
AND ADBA.SkillLevel > 'Average'
AND ADBA.ExperienceYears > 5
AND ADBA.EnvironmentExperience LIKE '%Enterprise%'
AND ADBA.PossibleCloudExperience in ('Azure')
AND ADBA.DevelopmentExperience in ('GIT',’Python’) AND ADBA.OtherExperience IN ('TSQL', ‘PowerBI’, 'Reporting Services', ‘Windows
Clustering','AlwaysOn', 'Automation', 'SSIS')
- Installing and configuring database systems, patches and security updates.
- Ensure 24/7 365 database availability and uptime is the most important.
- Enforcement of database standards when doing code reviews with application development team. Work with application development teams to design, and review designs for new databases, or changes to existing databases.
- Assess and identify database server resource requirements based on new application and current requirements.
- Database monitoring, performance tuning and database optimizations
- Develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring of database availability.
- Review performance stats and recommend changes for tuning databases, server, storage configurations, and applications.
- Ensure scheduled full, differential and transaction log backups complete successfully.
- Periodically conduct test database restores to validate backup integrity, Recovery point Objectives and Recovery Time Objectives, and gather requirements and make recommendations for database backup and recovery procedures.
- Assume ownership of database-related problems, pursuing short and long-term problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Work with vendors and internal support representatives to gather information and determine and implement resolutions. Coordinate interaction with vendors in critical database problem situations. Design data warehouse structures and develop ETL processes for various data sources.
- Working with department heads to visualize the overall health and performance of each department using Power BI reports and dashboards. Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive experience in SQL Server Database Administration.
- Extensive experience in database tuning and performance optimisations.
- Strong database design and development skills
- Strong database Troubleshooting skills
- SQL code review an understanding of software version control systems
- You will have strong technical aptitude/rapport and ability to – convey technical content in a clear, concise manner, using appropriate language appropriate for the audience.
- Understanding Agile Software Development including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with Data warehouses (Methodologies and normalization levels)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL SSRS reporting services and Power BI.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action Out of Hours.
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes in deadlines and priorities
- Ability to balance multiple high priority projects
Desirable but not essential
- Automating deployment and / or operational tasks.
- My SQL
- Postgres SQL