Reports to: Head of Programme Management
Location: Stellenbosch (Remote option)
The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring the development teams lives agile values and principles and follows the agreed processes and practices. The successful individual will have a thorough understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies, values and procedures and must be able to confidently lead multi-disciplinary teams from a position of influence.
Key Responsibility Areas and Duties:
- An in-depth understanding of agile principles
- Conduct and organise daily standups, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospective meetings
- Clearing obstacles - Address distractions, disruptions, and obstacles
- Support the Team Lead and Monitor Team productivity and sprint success.
- Cooperatively work with the other Scrum Masters to ensure coherency between teams.
- Have an outstanding partnership with the Product Owners
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level.
- Scrum master with more than one team
- Jira Administration
Personal attributes and characteristics:
- Encourages ownership
- Allows leadership to thrive
- Leads by example
- Understands the value of a steady sprint rhythm so that everyone knows what is expected and how to prepare
- Resourceful, is creative in removing impediments
- Respected, has a reputation for integrity
- Inspiring, generates enthusiasm and energy in others
- Nurturing, enjoys helping teams and individuals develop and grow
- Empathic, is sensitive to those around them
- Can influence at different levels in the organisation
- Is a proven facilitator
- Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Recognizes and acts on team conflict
What you need to be successful:
- Certified Scrum Master
- Bachelor Degree or relevant education and experience
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar role as a Scrum Master
- Knows about more than just scrum eg some competence with other methods, frameworks and principles and how and when to use them
In-depth understanding of Agile principles and:
- basic fundamentals of iterative development
- basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity and task definition
- Strong logical and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to explore, analyze and utilize various software platforms from an end user perspective
- Experience with wireframe building/prototyping tools is beneficial e.g. Balsamiq, Omnigraffle
At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate, and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products.
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance, and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal.
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company.
- We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognised as such.
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies.
- Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen.
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 959,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide.
All applicants will be dealt with in terms of the company’s employment equity and skills development plans, affirmative action candidates may be preferred. Although all applications will be considered, not all applicants will be interviewed. Only written applications received before the closing date will be considered.
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.