Sales & Operations Planning Manager
MiX Telematics has a vacancy for a Sales and Operations Planning Manager. The position is based in Stellenbosch, Cape Town and reports to the Global Procurement Manager.
The company would hereby like to invite all interested candidates who feel they meet the minimum requirements to apply for the position.
The Sales & Operations Planning Managers ensures alignment between supply planning, production planning, inventory planning and demand planning.
Managing and performing of procurement and supply chain management in order to achieve the most cost-effective processes for the company.
- Responsible for planning and supply of inventory for all of the Company’s regional offices globally.
- Own the monthly forecast and stock planning process end to end.
- Conduct monthly forecast meetings with all individual regions globally.
- Own the inventory planning master, place orders on suppliers and manufacturers to ensure inventory requirements are met.
- Provide guidance to contract manufacturers to align manufacturing schedule to inventory demand.
- Collaborate with Product Specialists to introduce new products into planning and supply, and manage end of life of legacy products.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing to ensure inventory demand aligns with production schedule.
- Collaborate with Engineering to implement changes made hardware through manufacturing and manage supply thereof to the regions.
- Collaborate with Import/Export Controller for shipments of orders.
- Collaborate with Warehouse Management.
- Perform monthly presentation to the Sales & Operations Planning Exco Committee (Global CEO, COO, CFO, and others) on areas such as inventory planning, financial commitment, strategic actions required to improve global inventory planning and delivery.
- Perform product costing and analysis for all products manufactured by the Company’s Contract Manufacturers.
- Placing of Purchase Orders on all suppliers and manufacturers, against contractual agreements in place.
- Provide continual feedback to global regions on ETA of orders, expedite orders.
- Arranging payments of deposits to suppliers after having placed orders.
- Oversee direct report (Technical Procurement Specialist).
- Oversee annual Tender Process for supply of electronic components to contract manufacturers.
- Monthly Reporting to Global Procurement Manager on various aspect of the role.
- Ownership of monthly stock forecast meetings.
- Analysing data to monitor performance and plan improvements.
- Build and develop relationships with manufacturers and suppliers.
Skills and Competence:
- Extensive overall supply chain management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills across all functions and levels.
- Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem resolution / solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise projects and process multiple tasks.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Presentation skills.
- Attention to detail. Have a strong affinity for part numbers and description.
- Understand the supply of electronic components used in manufacturing of products.
- Have a keen interest in understanding the range of hardware products to better understand their demand and planning and supply thereof.
- Have a long-term view and approach to inventory planning due to very long lead times of the electronic component supply industry.
- Relevant 3-year qualification (Supply Chain Management or comparable).
- 5 -10 years’ experience in logistics and procurement management.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, advanced Excel).
- Knowledge of electronic components and manufacturing. Advantageous.
- Solid understanding of imports, exports, Incoterms, customs and taxation.
- Have a degree of understanding regarding contracts.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365 experience is advantageous.
If this rings your bells and knocks your socks off, please apply with your portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products
We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
We offer our teams Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done
We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
100% guarantee no TPS reports!
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide. Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you:
Reference: S&OP Manager
Closing date: 24th March 2023