The SaaS SMB Account Executive (AE) is a member of the MiX Telematics Sales Team selling into small and medium businesses covering North America. We are looking for an aggressive AE with a challenger mentality to join our growing team. This is a remote position covering the North America region. The SMB AE role is a fast paced, high volume selling role fielding inbound leads and running targeted outbound campaigns with automation tools like outreach.io, zoominfo, leadiq, Linkedin sales navigator, and collaboration with our digital marketing team.
MiX combines a sophisticated software platform with cutting edge hardware solutions to give our customer real-time visibility and actionable insights used to optimize their supply chain, improve efficiencies, mitigate risk, and save money. Familiarity with telematics, asset tracking, IoT, AI, predictive analytics, and logistics is a plus.
Key Responsibility Areas and Duties
· Research and understand market requirements in accordance with MiX’s sales verticals and targets.
· Field real-time inbound leads and qualify and close opportunities.
· Demo the MiX platform for prospects using Zoom.
· Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
· Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
· Drive sales on a daily and weekly basis
· Plan and executive tactical sales activities
· Provide specific feedback to management
· Monitor and understand the revenue model
· Set up meetings with potential clients, identify and understand their needs
· Understand the needs and pain points of customers and provide them with a solution.
· Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections.
· Collaborate with team members to achieve better results.
· Be the subject matter expert on assigned portfolio of solutions
· Expert on competition products similar to those in MiX Telematics portfolio and keep up to date on competition products as they evolve.
· Keep close to and comprehend the competitor value proposition in the telematics sector.
Personal attributes and characteristics
· Highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to sell cutting-edge products
· Positive, professional and able to collaborate
· Strong communication, negotiation and persuasive skills
· Self-motivated, motivating and with a proactive approach
· Solid commercial understanding
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented, high pressure environment
· Passion for selling
· High energy, fast learner, with passion
· Creative thinker with a vision
· Self-motivated and results driven
Qualifications, Experience and Specific Skills
· Preferably an undergraduate degree with a business or marketing focus
· Minimum 2 years working experience as an Account Executive or similar in sales
· Outstanding sales track record
· Experience with CRM software is an advantage
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Preferably a relevant degree or qualification
· Knowledge or keen interest in transport, logistics, vehicles, fleet, automotive and/ related sectors and technologies
· Great time management skills
· Understanding and previous experience in a SaaS business
· Aptitude to deliver attractive presentations and pitches virtually over zoom
· Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
· Strong Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word and Power Point