Quality Assurance Tester
Location: South Africa (Western Cape – CSO, WFH)
Are you a little obsessed with all quality aspects of software development, including risk analysis, test development and test execution?
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy. As a QA Software Tester at MiX Telematics, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems daily.
MiX Telematics requires an individual to fill the vacancy within the Quality Assurance Team. Whilst the company is based in Stellenbosch and reports to Quality Assurance Manager.
User Acceptance Testing and Quality Assurance
- Developing User Acceptance Test plans within Azure DevOps to ensure adequate test coverage on system wide level, including software, mobile, firmware and hardware testing.
- Manual testing is executed against the test plan using defined test cases.
- Test records are maintained.
- Failed tests are logged for processing.
- Reporting of bugs and errors on JIRA
- Tracking and validation of reported issues and Service Request fixes.
- Test completion reports get generated to demonstrates adequacy of testing.
- Continually develop, maintain and execute a Regression Test Plan to cover general regression risk and additional identified risks.
- Work as part of the QA Team with the Quality Assurance Manager, Product Owners and other development teams in order to thoroughly validate the overall quality and acceptability of major system releases, as well minor software updates, firmware and mobile applications.
What you need to be successful:
- At least 3 years’ experience in User Acceptance testing, Software and/or backend testing
- Strong understanding of functional and high level end user testing
- Experience with testing in an Agile iterative software development process and environment (e.g., SCRUM)
- Experience with documentation of test plans for user acceptance, functional and regression testing
- Good practical understanding of software validation methodologies
- ISEB or ISTQB Foundation Certification in Software Testing
- Knowledge of Postman for API testing
- Automated testing experience (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience in Mobile application testing
- Experience in Firmware testing
- A passion for all technology, not just software: an individual that loves to take things apart and understand how it works
- Willing to learn and upskill on the above skills and other technical skills
- Curious and investigative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail orientated
- Dedicated, hardworking, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and within the team
What’s in it for you:
- At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundary less team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate, and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products.
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance, and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company.
- We offer our team’s Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done.
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies.
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 1 million global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will be dealt with in terms of the company’s employment equity and skills development plans, affirmative action candidates may be preferred. Although all applications will be considered, not all applicants will be interviewed. Only written applications received before the closing date will be considered.