Are you an engineer at heart who loves to “tinker” with physical products and solutions, understand how they work and get the most out of them? Do you like to be the go-to person for hardware solutions, sharing your knowledge with others and ensuring successful implementation for customers? If you do, then this is job for you!
Reports to: Senior Product Specialist in the Programme Management Team.
The Product Specialist is the functional expert for a range of physical hardware products and solutions and is responsible for their technical success. The Product Specialist is the go-to person responsible for successful field implementation and supports regional sales and operations.
The Product Specialist will work closely with Product Owners and Development teams to facilitate the integration of products into the MiX Portfolio and will work closely with the 3rd party providers to facilitate problem solving and development of enhancements.
Key Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Technical and functional expertise for assigned portfolio of products
- Testing and management of new FW for assigned portfolio of products
- Share knowledge and expertise with regional sales organisations, development and support
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Development teams in solution development
- Manage vendor interactions for 3rd party products
- Expert on competition products similar to those in the MiX Telematics portfolio and keep up to date on competition products as they evolve
Qualifications, Experience and Specific Skills
- Min 4-year degree in Telecommunications or Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- In depth knowledge of IoT device technology
Personal attributes and characteristics
- Positive & collaborative
- Passionate about technology and understanding the detail
- Able to work with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide user-friendly documentation and training
- Comfortable with a dynamic work environment
If this is in line with your career aspirations we do encourage you to apply!
Reference: Product Specialist
Closing Date: 31 December 2022
All applicants will be dealt with in terms of the company’s employment equity and skills development plans, affirmative action candidates may be preferred. Although all applications will be considered, not all applicants will be interviewed. Only written applications received before the closing date will be considered.