MiX Telematics is searching for a dynamic Product Owner (PO) to join the Agile Team responsible for defining stories and prioritising the team’s backlog. You will be on the frontline maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the product features and components for the team.
The successful PO is driven by maximizing the value of the products created by scrum development teams. Gathering and reviewing business requirements, conceiving appropriate solutions (functional and non-functional requirements), as well as supporting resulting projects through the development cycle, will form a core part of your daily responsibilities. PO’s are also responsible for facilitating field testing and releasing to market in collaboration with RSO stakeholders.
Key Responsibility Areas and Duties
· Contribute to the creation of the product roadmap that includes a high-level, visual strategic summary of the vision and direction for the product solution (this is both strategic and a reference plan for execution).
· Communicate with various stakeholders and the development team to ensure that the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with the business objectives.
· Manage the development teams’ project task-list and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives.
· Collaborate with various teams to refine the process, identify areas for improvement and support the sprint.
· Understand and manage the clients’ needs to more effectively manage the development process.
· Accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product.
· Lead the inspection and evaluation of the product progress through each iteration.
· Conduct requirements’ workshops.
· Understand system behavior, inputs and outputs as they relate to business functions.
· Create wireframes of software making use of prototyping tools.
· Project manage the delivery of the development.
· Lead the planning of product release frameworks.
· Where applicable, manage the third party supplier relationships.
· Ensure billing methods are established and entrenched for all solutions developed.
· Be the subject matter expert on assigned portfolio of solutions.
· Expert on competition products similar to those in MiX Telematics portfolio.
Qualifications, Experience and Specific Skills
· Preferably an undergraduate degree with an Information Systems focus
· Minimum 5 years’ working experience as a Product Owner
· In-depth knowledge of Agile process and Principles of Scrum
· Strong communication (both written and verbal), negotiation and diplomacy skills
· Solid commercial understanding balanced against technical and product knowledge
· Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
· Well-developed information-gathering, planning, and organisational skills
· Strong Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word and Power Point
· Ability to explore, analyze and utilize various software platforms from an end user perspective
· Experience with wireframe building/prototyping tools is beneficial e.g. Balsamiq, Omnigraffle
Personal attributes and characteristics
· Highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products
· Positive, professional and able to collaborate with cross-departmental colleagues at all times
· Individual who lives and breathes mobile
· The ability to deal with diverse and international stakeholders
· Self-motivated with a proactive approach
· Comfortable with uncertainty and change
· Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented, high pressure environment
· Creative thinker with a vision
If this is in line with your career aspirations we do encourage you to apply!