Location: Stellenbosch (remote option)
Are you the type of Product Owner who enjoys and loves a challenge? We are looking for a Product Owner who delights in making complex problems simple and has the Customer Experience front of mind. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team, love a fast-paced environment and getting your hands dirty, then this is the role for you! As a member of the Agile Team, you’ll be responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the Project Backlogs to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the product features or components for the team. The PO is responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by scrum development teams. The Product Owner is responsible for gathering and reviewing business requirements, conceiving appropriate solutions (functional and non-functional requirements), as well as supporting resulting projects through the development cycle. The Product Owner is also responsible for facilitating field testing and releasing to market in collaboration with RSO stakeholders.
Key Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Work closely with international stakeholders to gather market requirements and prioritise in accordance with MiX’s strategic goals
- Use a high level perspective to define goals and create a vision for development projects.
- Understand the needs and pain points of customers and operational support staff
Product requirements, specifications and project management
- Lead solution requirements analysis, definition, and acceptance into the development lifecycle
- Conduct requirements workshops
- Gather, interpret, and translate customer needs into functional and non-functional requirements and stories
- Understand system behaviour, inputs, and outputs as they relate to business functions
- Create wireframes of software making use of prototyping tools
- Facilitate regular sessions with stakeholders to ensure the requirements have been met
- Project manage the delivery of the development project, driving delivery, documenting the project plan and communicating progress and risks
- Support the day-to-day needs of the development team in understanding the business requirements
- Map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development
- As the project evolves the product owner must gauge the areas which have flexibility and which don’t within the time constraint for the project in order to determine when each iteration and product element will be developed
- Expert communication to make sure there is buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy and clear instructions and deliverables for developers
- Accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product.
- Take a primary role in inspecting and evaluating product progress through each iteration
Field Trial, release and go-to-market
- Lead the planning of product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Facilitate user acceptance testing and field trials with regional stakeholders
- Provide solution training for CSO testing and support staff and RSO stakeholders
- Co-ordinate the provision of supporting documentation to facilitate market release
- Provide support to the regional stakeholders executing a market release
- Where applicable manage the 3rd party supplier relationships required to deliver a solution/project
- Develop and maintain CSO cost pricing
- Ensure CSO/RSO billing methods are established and entrenched for all solutions developed
Subject matter expertise
- Be the subject matter expert on the assigned portfolio of solutions
- Expert on competition products similar to those in MiX Telematics portfolio and keep up to date on competition products as they evolve.
- Ensure all product support documents are created, up to date, and of a high standard.
- Ensure all training material is up to date and accurate
Personal attributes and characteristics:
- Highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products
- Positive, professional and able to collaborate with cross-departmental colleagues at all times
- Strong communication, negotiation and diplomacy skills
- The ability to deal with diverse and international stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Solid commercial understanding balanced against technical and product knowledge
- Comfortable with uncertainty and change
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well-developed information gathering, planning, and organisation skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented, high pressure environment
- Highly organized and flexible
What you need to be successful:
- Preferably an undergraduate degree with an Information Systems focus
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as a Product Owner
- Preferably a degree or qualification in Engineering or a similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles of Scrum
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
- Strong logical and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to explore, analyze and utilize various software platforms from an end user perspective
- Experience with wireframe building/prototyping tools is beneficial e.g. Balsamiq, Omnigraffle
What’s in it for you:
- At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products.
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
- We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 815,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.