The New Business Sales Manager is responsible for winning new business and bringing new customers to the company and managing existing customer accounts.
This person will identify and convert new business opportunities within defined market sectors and regions and be responsible for the on-going management of the customers growing forward contracted revenues within a defined group of customers and will ensure that existing revenues from these customers are protected.
The role requires the candidate to interact effectively with Directors and Senior Managers of Customers and other companies. It is expected that the candidate has a detailed knowledge of the areas of business in which he/she is directly involved and a broad grasp of issues facing other parts of the business, sufficient to allow informed discussions with others. It is understood that the successful candidate will be used to carrying a target of circa £1.5 Million per annum.
You will be expected to acquire new customers and manage existing customers in a specified geographical area and/or business sectors that generate contracted revenues in line with targets. It is anticipated that 100% of the activity will be spent on acquiring new customers.
- Identification of prospects that meet certain qualification criteria
- Establishing clear client needs and the correct solutions identifying clear differentiation from the competition
- Establishing initial contact with these prospects and representing the company at promotional events
- Leading and managing the company’s sales process with each prospect with the objective of gaining a contract to supply the companies services
- Ensure that new contracts fulfil particular criteria specified by the Commercial team and entered onto the CRM system accurately.
- Creation and management of Key Account Management Plans
- Overseeing the implementation of new customer contracts, co-ordinating the efforts of the Service Delivery team to meet the contractual obligations of the company
- Identification of opportunities for revenue growth within customer base
- Managing the company’s relationship with customers post implementation and representing the company at promotional events
- Managing the company’s account management process with each customer with the objective of protecting current and future revenues arising from the contract(s) to supply the companies services.
- Managing the company’s sales process with existing accounts with the objective of gaining a contract to supply additional service
- Ensure that new contracts, contract extensions or renewals fulfil particular criteria specified by the Commercial team
Ensuring that customers are satisfied with the service provided to them
Produce monthly reporting of sales forecast information
Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of all products within the MiX Telematics business in order to maximise cross selling opportunities and provide best fit applications to the customer.
Maximise margin on sales by adhering to a predetermined price structure
Maintain accurate records i.e. pipelines, prospects, sales contracts and diary entries in the CRM system
Maintain an ongoing understanding of the competition landscape
- Maintain a clear understanding of the prospect industries along with an ongoing knowledge of fleet and other industry development progress.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Minimum 5 years selling in a solutions environment
- Self-starter with a proven record of success in a sales environment ideally in the telematics industry
- Results orientated, resourceful, enthusiastic and diligent
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail in written and verbal communications
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess sound commercial judgement
- A willingness to travel and have a full clean driving licence
- Excellent knowledge of product-market areas i.e. mobile data marketplace
- Understanding of the advantages of the utilisation of business systems
- Customer focussed with the ability to make clear decisions
- Ability to analyse and think at a strategic level
- Knowledge of CRM applications, i.e. Salesforce
- High level of PC literacy with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and Operating Systems.
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.