Department: Software, SaaS
Location: Remote (US East Coast or SA Time Zones)
About the opportunity:
We’re recruiting for talented Mobile Developers (IOS compatible/ Cross-platform) who are excellent problem solvers. This team is in the process of transitioning, as such our developers must be able to understand our in-house, onboard device, as well as how to set it up correctly.
Two members of the existing team have engineering backgrounds and this has served them well. So, if you are the sort of Dev who enjoys fiddling with wires and taking gadgets apart in your free time, this is the position for you. (Did someone say Raspberry Pi?)
The Software Development department is sectioned into Software Domain Teams, each having 'ownership' of their IP (Technology choices, architecture, best practices, DevOps) and an appropriate degree of autonomy. This provides the best of both worlds having the feel of a small 'start up' team while also having the security of being part of a well-established and stable business.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy. As an Android Developer at MiX Telematics, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
What you need to be successful:
● Must have 3+ years: Xamarin (iOS)
● Strong bias for action, and getting things done well
● Give and receive open, direct, and timely feedback
● Unafraid of asking for help/ support when required
● You probably own or really want a drone
What’s in it for you:
● At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
● MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products
● We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
● At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
● We offer our teams the option to work remotely, from anywhere. We trust our team members to get the work done
● We strive to offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
● A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
● Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
● 100% guarantee no TPS reports!
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.