We are recruiting for a passionate individual who crunches numbers and data in their sleep. The Management Accountant / Data Analyst must have a software/IT background with the primary responsibility to understand data, planning and predicting future costs and performance of various technical aspects within the company.
If you have experience with Power BI/ Power Pivots, that would be a brilliant advantage. We are essentially looking for a formally trained accountant who is ambitious and genuinely curious about data and data analysis. You would be joining a close-knit team who make up what is certainly NOT your everyday "doom and gloom" finance department. This is a team of accountants who respect each other, who have a sense of humour, and who are genuinely happy with the work they are doing. There is NO micro-management whatsoever.
This role is based at the company’s Central Services Organisation in Stellenbosch, South Africa with the option of working remotely.
Time will be split equally across these functions:
- Finance tasks:
- Certain monthly reporting
- Theoretical inventory related tasks:
- Stock subledger
- Stock counts
- Space Exploration! (Cost analysis projects):
- Ability to work with data
- Finding trends/relationships/exceptions
- Reporting in a graphical way that will be easily understood by non finance users.
- Developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- You will be tasked with diving deep into BIG DATA to gather as much information as you can to uncover valuable patterns and trends (to go where no man or woman has gone before!)
Qualifications & Experience:
- BCom Management Accounting Degree or similar
- 3-5+ years of experience in an analytical environment
- Collaboration with a diverse cross-section of teams
- Good interpersonal skills; working tirelessly to build and maintain beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders
- Sound business acumen to balance risk and business objectives
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services environment would be beneficial
- Self-starter with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Excel power user (to the level of VBA Excel will be highly advantageous),
- Exposure to analytical tools e.g. Power BI and basic query coding
What’s in it for you:
● At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence
● MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products
● We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
● At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
● We offer our teams the option to work remotely, from anywhere. We trust our team members to get the work done
● We strive to offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
● A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
● Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.