Location: Boca Raton, Florida (must live in or near Boca to work on-site on a daily basis
The Logistics Manager (LM) is responsible for coordinating and tracking, both domestic and international, worldwide shipments from their starting points to final destinations in the most efficient and cost-effective ways possible. The LM must stay up to date with developments in their field, ensuring that they keep track of the Customs regulations and route-services of other shipping companies. The LM must leverage their strong analytical skills and extensive knowledge of company policy as it relates to shipping and export rules and regulations.
The Logistics Manager must handle the entire delivery process of products by scheduling both inbound and outbound shipments and constantly monitoring them to make sure each product arrives on time. To ensure the logistical processes are running smoothly, they meet with department heads to determine which logistics improvements need to be made to increase productivity levels across the organization.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and inventory systems.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the management, planning and supervision of activities related to providing cost effective, efficient and traceable movement of company products, both inbound and outbound.
- Develop and maintain good communications and working relationships with internal and external clients, regulatory agencies, couriers and related companies
- Maintain and adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to logistics, related regulations, and training
- Keep abreast of current data, trends, regulations, developments, and advances in area of expertise
- Work with global counterparts to ensure compliance and promote and facilitate global logistics standardization
- Interact with international and domestic regulatory agencies related to import, export, transportation and packaging
- Develop and implement new processes to improve logistics operations within the company
- Develop, revise and maintain current practices, policies and procedures to support the department and its internal and external clients
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field.
EXPERIENCE: 3 years relevant experience including 1 year in a leadership capacity and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SOFTWARE: Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software preferably Microsoft D365
- Must be able to work collaboratively internally and with customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
- Strong analysis and data manipulation skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and embrace change enthusiastically
- The ability to deal with diverse and international stakeholders
- Inbound and outbound package management and handling experience
- Proficient in RMA management
- Inventory forecasting
- Stocking shelves, organizing cartons, and performing inventory counts
- Developing new strategies to streamline processes and reduce costs
- Self-driven/motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving