If you’re the type of person with an interest in Telematics and developing devices in the Global IoT domain, this position is for you.
We are seeking a Hardware Engineer that will join our focused development team and be responsible for the development and maintenance of the company’s multiple flagship telematics and SVR (Stolen Vehicle Recovery) platforms.
CRITICAL REQUIREMENT: B. Engineering degree or similar
You will be supported by a cross functional project management team to release hardware updates on existing and new products developed in-house by MiX Telematics. Your team will also work side by side with the regression test team, the firmware team and the production qualification team to ensure the hardware is ready for the field and volume production.
- Design and Development of hardware products
- Testing of hardware circuits
- Qualification of the products
- Certification of the product at accredited LABs.
- Diagnosing and fixing of hardware faults
- Oversee the manufacturing process for products developed.
- Support the CEMs with new product
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor Degree Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering
- A good command of the English Language
- Experience with digital design
- Experience with analogue and PSU design.
- Beneficial experience that would help, but not essential at the start:
- CAD capturing skills, Altium
- LT Spice simulation
- PCB Routing skills, Altium
- Ability to debug and improve hardware designs.
- Ability to design for low cost and compile bills of materials.
- Oversee certification and qualification of products.
- Design for volume production
- C coding skills
- RF experience
- Antenna development experience
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work well in a team or on your own
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly
- An enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude towards your work
- Will to travel and have own transport
What’s in it for you:
- At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
- We offer our teams Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done
- We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access of cutting edge technologies
- Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
- 100% guarantee no TPS reports!
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide. Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you:
Submit your CV via email to Anel.Radaelli@mixtelematics.com
REFERENCE: Hardware Engineer
Closing date: 30 October 2021