Global Procurement Manager
The Global Procurement Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the company’s sourcing and procurement strategy and its alignment with the Group’s S&OP targets
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Overall responsibility for all Group-wide procurement – services and goods, capex and opex
- Drive savings and improved performance across all spend categories – direct and indirect
- Ultimate accountability for Group procurement processes, policies, controls and ensuring compliance across the business
- End to end Supplier relationship management including sourcing suppliers (and dual sourcing for key components), negotiating contract supply agreements, SLAs, and master service agreements, driving performance and continuous improvement
- Operational Management - developing, refining P2P policies and processes, leading day to day functionality, being the contact point for all escalated procurement issues, controlling contractual agreements, managing reporting to assist and inform spend management, category management, savings delivery, risk management, etc.
- Governance and Reporting - managing the reporting suite, working with stakeholders, internal audit, and suppliers to update and improve internal operations and/or supplier performance.
- Being an integral part of any RFPs and development projects with responsibility to ensure that third party manufacturers and suppliers achieve launch timelines
Factors for Success:
- Qualified MCIPS or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ experience within procurement and a demonstrable track record of generating savings and improving performance
- Strong commercial acumen – evidence of achieving quality improvement and cost/efficiency savings through negotiation
- Highly numerate with strong financial skills, balanced with a good understanding of reputational risk.
- Pragmatic, solution-oriented thinker who possesses a “can do” attitude, coupled with excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication skills (verbal, written, listening, conveying messages)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence others, negotiate cross functionally for positive outcomes and establish the best forward path in the face of competing points of view
- A self-starter with a flexible and pragmatic approach, able to operate independently as well as bringing different stakeholders together to achieve collective success
- Familiar with the latest procurement trends and techniques and willing to drive sustainable procurement, digital transformation and automation
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.