Department: Software, SaaS
Location: Remote (South Africa, Europe, Brazil)
About the opportunity:
We’re seeking talented Full Stack/ Mobile Developers (UI) to join us, you will be upgrading ‘next-gen’ mobile apps and all the infrastructure that goes with it. You’ll also leverage technological advancements in this space to create a new suite of mobile apps to replace the existing suite.
If you enjoy learning new technologies and are deeply CURIOUS, well-trained, and disciplined, this role is for you. It’ll suit you if you’re the sort of person who is highly proactive, able to work autonomously and can take initiative easily. You have ‘an itch’ to satisfy and your experience of success is aligned with getting things done well. You strive to understand what you’re doing and enjoy problem-solving.
You’d be joining a loyal team with a good sense of humour. The team is tight because they’re always pushing the limits of their technology in complex and interesting ways. There are unending challenges and as such, there is no possibility of boredom. Your time and effort will be rewarded as the work is exciting and important. You will get a sense of meaning from what you create immediately.
The Software Development department is sectioned into Software Domain Teams, each having 'ownership' of their IP (Technology choices, architecture, best practices, DevOps) and an appropriate degree of autonomy. This provides the best of both worlds having the feel of a small 'start up' team while also having the security of being part of a well-established and stable business
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Full Stack/ Mobile Developer at MiX Telematics, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems daily.
What you need to be successful:
● Must have: 3+ years’ experience in developing software using C#, Xamarin, RESTful APIs, .NET core, MS SQL and AngularJS (if your tech stack comes close to this, you are most welcome to apply!)
● Advantageous: AWS Cloud experience and MVVM
● Strong bias for action, and getting things done well
● Motivation to write code that is well-tested and well-documented
● Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
● At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
● MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products.
● We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
● At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
● We offer our teams Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done
● We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
● A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
● Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
● 100% guarantee no TPS reports!
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 815,200 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.