Department: IoT Engineering
Location: South Africa (Western Cape – CSO WFH, not RW)
MiX Telematics is recruiting for a Firmware Test Engineer to join the IoT Testing Team, responsible for the design and implementation of tests and test frameworks to ensure firmware product functionality and robustness. You will collaborate with developers and engineers to develop and automate test cases and tools for firmware validation and qualification.
You will be supported by a cross functional project management team to frequently release firmware updates in line with an Agile development flow. Your team works side by side with server-side teams, validation teams, the hardware design team, and the production team to ensure high quality firmware releases to factory and over the air updates to customers around the world.
- Ownership of firmware test application on hardware prototype projects and development platforms.
- Experimenting with and implementing testing interfaces to various sensors/peripherals.
- Coding programs and scripts as necessary to test embedded systems.
- Work closely with various core technical teams to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and products.
- Porting and Integrating Firmware tests for various peripherals.
- Working to integrate the firmware tests in a CI/CD pipeline.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or mechatronic/electronic engineering (or similar)
- A good command of the English language
- At least 3+ years of experience in development of test infrastructure and executing/integration of firmware tests for embedded devices
- Experience with National Instruments Development suite (Labview, TestStand)
- Experience with C# .NET and SQL
- Experience with protocol design, test specification, and test implementation
- Experience with debugging and general problem solving in different code bases and environments
- Experience in working with emulators and simulators
- Driver and board-level system software test development and integration
Beneficial experience (not essential):
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, GPS, Cellular, LoRa, TCP/UDP, MQTT, AWS IoT
- Experience with C and RTOS fundamentals
- Experience in working with FPGAs
- JTAG debugging experience
- ARM/RISCV based processors and micro-controllers and communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Problem solving
- Results orientation
- Continual improvement mindset
- Organizing and managing self
- Supporting others and teamwork
What’s in it for you:
- At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products. You will be joining a high-performing team consisting of very talented individuals, passionate about continual improvement and keen to share knowledge and enable growth inside and outside of the team.
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance, and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
- We offer our teams Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done
- We strive to offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen…
- 100% guarantee no TPS reports!
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 1 million global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you!