Must be based near Birmingham (UK) - On site position
Reporting to: Finance Director
- Preparing timely and accurate management and statutory accounts and ad hoc reports in line with US and SA reporting deadlines.
- Ensuring balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled on a monthly basis
- Ensuring effective financial controls are in place and full compliance with SOX
- Ensuring accurate and timely billing of annuity revenue and reconciliation of vehicle data across different systems.
- Key player in system and process improvements
- Completing tax and statutory returns.
- Leading a finance team of 4, taking responsibility for all areas of finance (eg Puchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Banking etc)
- Working with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with SOX and statutory regulations.
- Improving process and systems
- Liaising with and supporting other areas of the business as required.
Key Skills and Attributes
- CA, ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualification, preferably trained in practice with industry experience
- Good fundamental accounting and Tax/VAT knowledge
- Up to date technical knowledge
- Strong IT skills, extensive Excel proficiency (Microsoft D365 knowledge would be advantageous)
- Ability to grasp and analyse complex detail whilst still seeing the bigger picture
- Demonstrable team leadership and managerial skills
- Team player and willingness to build relationships and get involved at all levels in the organisation
- Enthusiasm and commitment to work the hours required to meet reporting deadlines
- Experience of the telematics or telecommunications or subscription based industry
- Experience of migrating ERP system would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding and experience of Internal Controls and Sarbannes Oxley controls
- Good French language skills would be advantageous.
MiX Telematics is a leading global provider of fleet and mobile asset management solutions. Our solutions deliver a measurable return by enabling our customers to manage, optimise and protect their investments in commercial fleets or personal vehicles. The group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and on the New York Stock Exchange. Offices are based in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, Uganda, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
MiX Telematics Europe is the European subsidiary of MiX Group, employing around 50 staff in Birmingham and Swindon. The company was set up in 2007 when it acquired the fleet telematics business from Siemens VDO, and now sells to dealers across Europe and North Africa, as well as to direct customers in the UK.