Based in UK or Europe (Remote)
The European Channel Development Manager is responsible for developing long-term, sustainable growth in contracted revenues for the company, identifying and developing growth within the existing Channel Partner base throughout Europe. This may also involve sourcing and growing new Channel Partners as required. You will direct and facilitate the activities of specific members our partner network to ensure the company’s acquisition and retention priorities in these areas are fulfilled. The role requires you to interact effectively with Directors and Senior Managers of Channel Partners, End Customers and other companies. You are expected to have a detailed knowledge of the areas of business in which you are directly involved and a broad grasp of issues facing other parts of the business, sufficient to allow informed discussions with others. You will develop working relationships with the Sales Team, Marketing Team, Commercial Team, Professional Services Team, Credit Control and Product Managers.
- You will be expected to develop an existing Channel Partner base in a specified market area that generates contracted revenues in line with targets set from time to time.
- Work with and support our existing Channel Partner Network to ensure they are focussed on selling more of our products/solutions into their regions.
- Establishing initial contact with these Partners and representing the company to establish a contract providing for a mutually beneficial trading relationship whereby the partners will introduce business to the company.
- Training and resourcing the Channel Partner such that they are able to effectively promote the company and its proposition to customers in the market, and further are able to convert opportunities to contracts for the company to supply its services.
- Management of the Channel Partners’ performance of their contractual obligations defined by the Commercial team.
- Identification of new Channel Partners that meet certain qualification criteria.
- Co-ordinating the efforts of the Service Delivery team to meet the continuing contractual obligations of the company.
- Ensuring that customers are satisfied with service provided to them.
- Produce monthly reporting of sales/forecast information.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of all products within the MiX business in order to maximise cross selling opportunities and provide best fit applications to the customer.
- Maximise margin on sales by adhering to a predetermined price structure.
- Maintain accurate records i.e. pipelines, prospects and diary entries in the CRM system.
- Performing any other reasonable, but ad-hoc duties for the company as and when required.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Self-starter with a proven record of success in a sales environment
- Fluent English, French and German, optional Spanish/Dutch/Italian
- Project management skills with a high level of attention to details in written and verbal communications
- Possess sound commercial judgement
- A willingness to travel extensively and a full clean driving licence
- Educated to degree level with excellent interpersonal skills and high level of enthusiasm
- Excellent knowledge of product market areas
- Understanding of Business Administration Systems
- Results orientated, resourceful, enthusiastic and diligent
- Customer focussed with the ability to make clear decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyse and think at a strategic level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of CRM applications, i.e. Salesforce
MiX Telematics is a leading global provider of fleet and mobile asset management solutions. Our solutions deliver a measurable return by enabling our customers to manage, optimise and protect their investments in commercial fleets or personal vehicles. The group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and on the New York Stock Exchange. Offices are based in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, Uganda, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.