Are you a little obsessed with all things Firmware related? This could be a great opportunity for you to be part of an exciting and passionate Firmware Team!
At MiX Telematics, we are a leading global provider of Fleet Telematics solutions in 120 countries and listed on the NYSE and JSE (www.mixtelematics.com).
MiX Telematics is recruiting for an Electronics Engineer (Embedded Firmware) to join the firmware development team responsible for board bring-up, feature development and maintenance of the company’s expanding and exciting technology rich range of embedded telematics platforms.
You will be supported by a cross functional project management team to frequently release firmware updates in line with an Agile development flow. Your team works side by side with server-side teams, validation teams, the hardware design team and the production team to ensure high quality firmware releases to factory and over the air updates to customers around the world.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechatronic/Electronic Engineering (or similar)
- A good command of the English and/or Afrikaans Language
Essential experience (minimum 3 years):
- Embedded systems, microcontrollers & basic peripherals
- Code planning/design
- C/C++ coding
- Coding standards
- Testing & debugging
- Source control
Beneficial experience that would help, but not essential:
- STM32 (ARM Cortex M)
- C#, Python, Shell scripting
- Embedded Linux, Android
- Unit Testing
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- CAN, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, GPS, Cellular, LoRa, MQTT, AWS IoT
- Results orientation
- Decision making and accountability
- Continual improvement mindset
- Organizing and managing self
- Supporting others and teamwork
- Firmware development: Design, code and verify
- Firmware maintenance: Investigate and fix reported bugs
- Ownership of technical areas
- Ownership of small projects and group investigations
What’s in it for you:
● At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate team members who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
● MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products
● We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
● At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
● We offer our teams Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done
● We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
● A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers
● Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you. Anel.Radaelli@mixtelematics.com
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.