Are you a little obsessed with all quality aspects of software development, including risk analysis, test development and test execution?
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy. As a Software Tester at MiX Telematics, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems daily.
MiX Telematics is recruiting for an individual to fulfil the Data Engineering Backend Tester vacancy within the Data Engineering Team. The successful incumbent will report directly to the Data Engineering Team Lead.
- Testing and Quality Assurance
What you need to be successful:
- IT qualification: relevant tertiary Degree or Diploma
- ISEB Foundation Certification in Software Testing
- At least 3 years’ experience in software and web application testing
- Technically-competent Tester
- Set up SQL & PostgreSQL integrity testing and end-to-end testing
- Knowledge of Postman for API testing
- Basic Python testing (Notebooks)
- Strong understanding of the testing process
- Experience with testing in an Agile iterative software development process and environment (e.g. SCRUM)
- Experience with documentation of test plans for acceptance, regression, functional, and stress testing
- Understanding of configuration management and version control
- Experience with defect tracking process
- Good practical understanding of software validation methodologies
- A passion for all technology, not just software: an individual that loves to take things apart and understand how it works
- Willing to learn and upskill on the above skills and other technical skills
- Curious and investigative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail orientated
- Dedicated, hardworking, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and within the team
What’s in it for you:
- At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundary less team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
- We offer our team’s Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done
- We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
- 100% guarantee no TPS reports!
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide. Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you:
Send your application via email to: Dillon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference: Data Engineering Backend Tester
Closing Date: 30 November 2021
All applicants will be dealt with in terms of the company’s employment equity and skills development plans, affirmative action candidates may be preferred. Although all applications will be considered, not all applicants will be interviewed. Only written applications received before the closing date will be considered.