MiX Telematics is a leading global provider of fleet and mobile asset management solutions delivered as SaaS to customers in over 120 countries. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996, has a number of offices as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide. Shares are publicly traded on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE: MIX) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MIXT).
MiX Telematics’ main R&D center is based in Cape Town (South Africa) and is supported by smaller satellite development teams in the USA other parts of South Africa. We are looking to employ passionate, bright and talented Developers into our software teams and we offer a rewarding career in an innovative and high-tech environment.
We are looking for a Data Engineer on our Data Systems team. The team is a medium sized team of 5 people which will grow over the next 1-2 years. The successful incumbent should have an advanced understanding of Spark and Big Data Solutions for Spark as well as extensive experience in the relevant tools and platforms (see below)
Scope of responsibilities:
- High volume Data Management
- Scalable System Development
- Stream Processing
- Database Design & Development on various Database Technologies (MS SQL, AWS Aurora, PostgreSQL)
Special knowledge, skills:
- Relevant Degree
- At least 3 Years of Advanced Experience with Spark & Python for ETL Pipelines
- At least 3 Years of Experience with Java, Kafka, Postgres, MS SQL.
- At least 3 Years of Experience with Building and Hydrating Data Lakes & ETL Pipelines.
- Development on AWS Platform and AWS Technologies.
- Big Data Experience
- Experience with Apache HUDI
- Azure DevOps
- Hard Working.
- Driven by the need to be fully competent & world class at development of software applications.
- Always learning new skills while refining existing skills