Location: Stellenbosch (Remote optional)
Department: IOT Engineering
Reports to: Configuration Manager (Engineering)
Are you passionate about the field of electronics and technical information? Are you goal orientated with a keen eye for detail? We are looking for a Configuration Management Specialist who enjoys a challenge and who works well within a team as well as independently.
As a member of the Engineering Hardware Team, you’ll be responsible for sourcing, capturing, and maintaining technical information for the electronic components we use in our hardware products. You’ll work closely with the Hardware Team to compile, verify, and maintain our product Bills of Materials and data pack documentation, and manage releases to the factory. You’ll also service requests for technical information and reports.
Key Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Source information, and technical and compliance documentation for hardware components
- Create and maintain stock code information for hardware components and product assemblies
- Source and capture manufacturer and supplier information, and maintain records
- Create and maintain the Bills of Materials for MiX hardware products
- Compile data packs and manage factory releases
- Documentation management
- Change control processes and record keeping
- Verify information and documentation content
- Interface with contract manufacturers and component suppliers
- Identify risk areas and opportunities for process improvement
- Provide technical information and reports as required
Personal attributes and characteristics:
- Highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver excellent work
- Well-developed information gathering, planning, and organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Focus on continual improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive, professional, and able to collaborate with cross-departmental colleagues
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Flexible, and comfortable with uncertainty and change
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented, high-pressure environment
What you need to be successful:
- Preferably a degree or qualification in Engineering or a similar relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in Configuration Management (preferably in the field of electronics)
- Experience with configuration and document management software
- Keen understanding of document management, and change control processes
- Strong appreciation for process compliance and data integrity
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements for components
- Experience in working closely with a contract electronics manufacturer
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word (advanced Excel skills highly beneficial)
- Experience as a SharePoint creator and/or consumer highly beneficial
- Database knowledge and/or experience optional, but highly beneficial
What’s in it for you:
- At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
- MiX Telematics is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate, and dedicated people create the world’s most innovative products. You will be joining a high-performing team consisting of very talented individuals, passionate about continual improvement and keen to share knowledge and enable growth inside and outside of the team.
- We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance, and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
- At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
- We offer our teams Flexible working according to our policy, in some cases full remote working in line with the operational requirements is possible. We trust our team members to get the work done
- We strive to offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 1 million global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide.
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you!
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.