MiX Telematics has a vacancy for a Business Development Specialist Fleet based in Midrand.
The main purpose of this role is to increase sales in the commercial fleet market, across both light and premium fleet solutions.
- Ownership. Assume responsibility for the successful completion of tasks and details in accordance with quality standards and alignment in terms of sales, marketing and company strategy. Ensure focus on individual priorities is met by clearly defining and prioritising tasks. Be the prime interface with customers to understand key outcomes and interface with internal decision makers for overall alignment. Oversee all sales activities, to optimise business opportunities.
- Business development. Define and implement the sales strategy for new customers with well-researched and understood market trends, customer requirements and competitor activity. Propose service and technical development and develop a positive relationship with partners and distributors in assigned geographical region. Oversee all sales contracts entered into by MiX Telematics and liaise with the Sales Director to ensure that all contracts adhere to legal and ethical requirements.
- CRM. Update and maintain the CRM system (Salesforce) with all sales-related activities.
- Sales targets. Meet and exceed sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis whilst maintaining the correct allocation per product portfolio. Targets will be amended on a yearly basis and will be communicated accordingly.
- Maintain and report accurate sales figures. Maintain and report accurate sales figures at all times on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Forecasting and sales funnel. Maintain an accurate forecast in the CRM and ensure visibility for management and stakeholders.
- Stock forecasting. Maintain a rolling three-month stock forecast of the channel to ensure sufficient stock holding.
- Grow the acquisition light fleet channel. Research prospective targets and channel partners using reports, and other relevant data to identify the prospective clients’ and business partners.
- Key account plans. Ensure that all direct and indirect key accounts are well documented to outline the operational environment, as well as requirements and growth opportunities. All account plans must be updated based on monthly call reports and undergo a quarterly executive review.
- Call cycle. Ensure that all key accounts and key account plans have a well-documented call cycle across all stake holders according to customer classification.
- Call reports. All customer visits must be followed up with a written call report and a copy sent to the customer within 5 working days.
- Operational coordination. Coordinate activities with operations and other support personnel, to achieve the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- 4-5 years’ commercial fleet acquisition sales experience, including: -
- Solution sales & sales admin processes
- Account management & selling principles
- All aspects of customer service
- Telematics products and services
- Proven track record of new acquisitions with Fleet Customers.
- Evidence of the ability to negotiate and operate in a high-energy environment.
- Successfully manage multiple projects from concept to delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with stakeholders at varying levels.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Tertiary education or equivalent.
- Code 8 Drivers License
- Roadworthy, presentable transport.
- Ability to travel.
If this is in line with your career aspirations we do encourage you to apply!