Location: Dubai (must live in Dubai)
At MiX Telematics, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified BDM who will be responsible for winning new business and bringing new customers to the company. This person will identify and convert new business opportunities within defined market sectors and regions.
The role requires the candidate to interact effectively with Directors and Senior Managers of Prospects, Customers and other companies. It is expected that the candidate has a detailed knowledge of the areas of business in which he/she is directly involved and a broad grasp of issues facing other parts of the business, sufficient to allow informed discussions with others. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
MiX combines a sophisticated software platform with cutting edge hardware solutions to give our customer real-time visibility and actionable insights used to optimize their supply chain, improve efficiencies, mitigate risk, and save money. Familiarity with telematics, asset tracking, IoT, AI, predictive analytics, and logistics is a plus
- Acquire new customers in specified geographical area and/or business sectors that generate contracted revenues in line with targets.
- Establish initial contact with prospects and representing the company at promotional events
- Establish clear customer needs and the correct solutions for that customer.
- Lead and manage the company’s sales process with each prospect providing updates and completing all necessary tasks as required per sales process in Salesforce
- Ensure that new contracts fulfil the criteria specified by the Commercial team and entered onto the CRM system accurately.
- Work closely with the Customer Success and Operations team in ensuring the successful implementation of new customers.
- Identify revenue growth opportunities within the customer base
- Update deals status in Salesforce and producing weekly sales reports and forecasts
- Develop and maintaining a thorough working knowledge of all products within the MiX Telematics business to maximise cross selling opportunities and provide best fit applications to the customer.
- Maximize margin on sales by adhering to a predetermined price structure
- Maintain a clear understanding of the prospect industries along with an ongoing knowledge of fleet and other industry development progress.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of the competition landscape
Key Skills and Attributes
- University Degree with Technology, Business or Marketing Major
- Minimum 5 years selling in a Technology/SaaS environment
- Self-starter with a proven record of success in a sales environment ideally in Technology/SaaS
- Results orientated, resourceful, enthusiastic and diligent
- Comfortability in a dynamic, customer facing environment
- Motivation to be in a goal-oriented, quota-carrying role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess sound commercial judgement
- Understanding of the advantages of the utilisation of business systems
- Customer focussed with the ability to make clear decisions
- Ability to analyse and think at a strategic level
- Great time management skills
- Understanding and previous experience in a SaaS business
- Excellent command of English Language, Native Arabic is a plus
- High level of PC literacy with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong knowledge of CRM applications
- Expert in using Online Conferencing Tools
- Willing to travel 50% of the time
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.