Department: Software, SaaS
Are you a BI Developer who enjoys maintaining and improving the performance of SQL Server processes? If you value attention to detail and enjoy a challenge, then this role is for you.
At MiX Telematics, our stored procedures are intricate and highly dependent on each other. We run a complex ETL system and we are seeking someone who is unafraid of stretching our Server to the max. Using your extensive MS SQL, SSIS and ETL experience you would dive deep into “the belly of the beast” and find satisfaction in identifying the secrets “hidden deep down the rabbit hole”. From there you would find the best possible way to perfect the codebase.
If you have experience with Apache Spark, Python and AWS Cloud Technologies, they will be advantageous to you in the hunt.
You would be welcomed into a strong and open-minded team that communicates well. There’s a great deal of knowledge-sharing and everyone is free to speak their minds. Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and innovation, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
The Software Development department is sectioned into Software Domain Teams, each having 'ownership' of their IP (Technology choices, architecture, best practices, DevOps) and an appropriate degree of autonomy. This provides the best of both worlds having the feel of a small 'start up' team while also having the security of being part of a well-established and stable business.
As a BI Developer at MiX Telematics, you will be given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
What you need to be successful:
● Must have 3+ years: MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS, ETL experience
● Advantageous: C#, Apache Spark, Python, AWS Cloud Tech experience
- Strong bias for action, and being proactive
● Give and receive open, direct, and timely feedback
● Unafraid of asking for help/ support when required
What’s in it for you:
● At MiX Telematics, we create technology. You would be joining a global SaaS company pioneering cloud-based technology that’s impacting the world of telematics and data. MiX Telematics consistently strives to innovate and is recognized as a global leader doing just that, enabling an environment where our people can push the boundaries and grow within a collaborative, boundaryless team. We seek talented, passionate technologists who aren’t afraid to challenge, learn and strive for excellence.
● We strive to be the very best at what we do. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we believe in each other, supporting one another, working collaboratively towards a common goal
● At MiX we aspire to create an environment where we celebrate wins for each other and ultimately for the Company
● We strive to offer our teams the option to work remotely, from anywhere. We trust our team members to get the work done
● We offer above-market salaries because our team members are unique and deserve to be recognized as such
● A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
● Whatever hardware you require to make the magic happen
● 100% guarantee no TPS reports!
Who we are:
Our products and services provide enterprise and small fleets, with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance, and security to over 750,000 global subscribers. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide
Sound good? Apply NOW, we look forward to hearing from you.
MiX Telematics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.